About Alshaya International Trading Co.
- Alshaya employs more than 7000 people and operates more than 800 stores across the Kingdom
- Over 40% of our employees are now Saudi nationals.
- More than 1,800 Saudi women work today at Alshaya in KSA.
- Our commitment to employment of local Saudi citizens has seen the company earn Nitaqat platinum status from the Ministry of Labour
About The Alshaya Retail Academy
- The Academy has the capacity to train up to 8 classes simultaneously. Each class comprises of 20-25 trainees
- Each training programme lasts 13 weeks and involves nearly 400 hours of classroom and hands-on experience
- Over 1,300 young Saudis have already successfully graduated from the Alshaya Retail Academy in Riyadh
- Alshaya’s team of experienced retail trainers and support team are focused on bringing the retail sector to life for students
- Through its partnership with HRDF, Alshaya has committed to train 8,000 young people over five years
- The training programme at Alshaya Retail Academy is accredited by the Saudi Skills Standards authority and doroob
The Retail Sector in KSA
- The positive impact of retail on the Saudi economy is significant
- The retail business in KSA is the biggest in the region, with annual sales expected to reach 400 bn Saudi Riyals by 2015
- The sector is growing fast. Already employing over 1.2 million people, it creates thousands of jobs every year for young nationals